The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Font question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luigi

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Font question   Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:06 pm

We are making a new book which requires the Peso sign.But this is not avialable in the adobe font library.So what my artist did was get a P and then put = so you get a peso sign.At the monitor and printer everything looks ok but when I ran it to my rip everything moved.I suggested to make the Peso sign in Illustrator and paste it as an image or flatten the whole thing before sending it to me in PDF.
Any suggestions on how to do it?
Thanks,
Luigi bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
presstech

Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: Font question   Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:27 pm

I remember having this problem several years ago, when working on annual reports. I think I used Fontographer to make the peso character. You can probably use any available font editor software to edit the capital P then save the font under a new name. Once you have done this, you can use it like any font; so it's a lot easier than working with an image. I suggest making a serif and sans serif version so you can use the fonts on all your publications.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tin_man

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Font question   Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:09 pm

hmm. i'm sure there are other approaches to this... but this is how i used to do it in indesigncs2 when i used to work in publishing. I also used an = and P font then converted each to path (shift-ctrl-o) is the shortcut and then just select both and then choose add in the pathfinder command. anyway you get a closed path in the end...so its not considerd an image or font anymore but a vector path. so scaling it up or down wouldnt cause anymore jaggies. i think you can also do this in illustrator. as long as its a path it should be safe. hope this helps. Very Happy

ill try to look for a font if ever there is and post the link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ibler

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Font question   Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:30 pm

i think manking a new custom font for the peso sign is easier epecially if dealing with a lot of these signs.

i am still doing the operation of the font in illustrator. will try to make a custom font for it.

tell you how it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Font question   

Back to top Go down

Font question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1