The Message Board for the Philippine Printing Industry (Established 2007)

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

on setting up a large format printing business...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sparkswillfly

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: on setting up a large format printing business...   Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:49 pm

my partners and i are very new with regards to the large format printing business. may mga katanungan ako with regards sa negosyong ito.

1) anong klaseng printer ang mas magandang unahing i-acquire? OUTDOOR ba or INDOOR large format printer? although target namin ay yun mga outdoor banners, photoflexes, panaflexes, automotive full body adhesives, indoor displays, and fabrications.

2) bukod sa printer at computers, ano pa ang aming kakailanganing equipment para makapagsimula sa negosyo?

3) anong brand ng large format printer ang maganda (considering budget and quality)? balak namin magumpisa sa printer with a width of at least 10-ft.

4) ballpark figure, mga magkano kaya ang kailangan namin i-allot for a startup capital?

all suggestions, comments, critiques will be highly regarded and appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:47 pm

with outdoor, kailangan mo rin ng pang seam for the billboard.
with indoor, I do not know if there is 10 feet wide, a 60 in, yes marami nyan.
you also need a network hub for network connectivity. for both indoor or outdoor, at least you need an instument to calibrate and profile your monitor and printer for best results. there are RIP software for large format printer for consistent color printing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkswillfly

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:43 am

billy wrote:
with outdoor, kailangan mo rin ng pang seam for the billboard.
with indoor, I do not know if there is 10 feet wide, a 60 in, yes marami nyan.
you also need a network hub for network connectivity. for both indoor or outdoor, at least you need an instument to calibrate and profile your monitor and printer for best results. there are RIP software for large format printer for consistent color printing.

please forgive my being ignorant and makulit, ano ang pang seam? ano technical term para sa equipment na yan? thank you for the input sir. i am listing it down now. dun ba sa pangprofile and calibrate ng printer and monitor isang uri ba yan ng gadget or software lang na kung tawagin ay RIP? salamat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
presstech

Number of posts : 256

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi!

What I know is that there is oversupply and cutthroat competition in the large format printing industry. I suggest that you check the situation first before investing. If you can establish a stable and reliable market; then it might be ok to go into this business. Setting up the operation is relatively easy compared to getting into the market.

Hope this feedback helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkswillfly

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:53 pm

presstech wrote:
Hi!

What I know is that there is oversupply and cutthroat competition in the large format printing industry. I suggest that you check the situation first before investing. If you can establish a stable and reliable market; then it might be ok to go into this business. Setting up the operation is relatively easy compared to getting into the market.

Hope this feedback helps.

thank you for the feedback. my partners and i shall be testing the waters of the emerging key provincial cities. we are in the phase of doing market studies now. grabe na talaga siksikan dito sa manila. ang hirap bumawi sa puhunan. kami ay nagbabakasakali na maybe, just maybe, baka mas promising ang large format printing business sa provincial cities. what do you think? thank you for the feedback. noted. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fotostuff

Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:24 pm

sir,
i have a largeformat machines by flora. 1 6ft, and 1 10ft. so far ok naman makina, yun 6ft more than 2years na. yun 10ft 4months pa lang. you can visit my shop if you want para makita. basta mailagay mo lang dun sa lugar na wala masyado kompetensya pede pa din. tama si presstek medyo mabigat ang labanan sa largeformat kasi bagsakan presyo kaya dapat pag-aralan mo mabuti ang lugar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkswillfly

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:03 am

fotostuff wrote:
sir,
i have a largeformat machines by flora. 1 6ft, and 1 10ft. so far ok naman makina, yun 6ft more than 2years na. yun 10ft 4months pa lang. you can visit my shop if you want para makita. basta mailagay mo lang dun sa lugar na wala masyado kompetensya pede pa din. tama si presstek medyo mabigat ang labanan sa largeformat kasi bagsakan presyo kaya dapat pag-aralan mo mabuti ang lugar.

thank you sir. i would love to visit your shop. what is the address of your shop? thank you sir. thank you sa feedback at review regarding Flora. kindly PM me your contact details sir. salamat po sa tulong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fotostuff

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:48 am

Here's my suncell # 09225328170
My shop is located at fairview.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:55 pm

[quote="fotostuff"]sir,
i have a largeformat machines by flora.

This news is still not confirmed, flora large format is now owned by Hp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkswillfly

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:39 am

@FOTOSTUFF- thanks sir, got the number. malapit ka lang pala sa amin. will text you kapag pupunta na ako. hopefully next week.

@BILLY- newly acquired by HP?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOR

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:40 pm

fotostuff wrote:
sir,

I have a friend with a large format printer. 10ft din ang printer nya but a different brand. He said his headache madalas ay banding ng printheads. Sir fotostuff, any problem with banding?

Gaano kaya kadalas mag-palit ng printheads? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkswillfly

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:30 am

GOR wrote:
fotostuff wrote:
sir,

I have a friend with a large format printer. 10ft din ang printer nya but a different brand. He said his headache madalas ay banding ng printheads. Sir fotostuff, any problem with banding?

sir GOR, ano ang brand ng printer ng kaibigan mo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOR

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:36 pm

sparkswillfly wrote:
GOR wrote:
fotostuff wrote:
sir,

I'm not sure if I remember the printer brand correctly but I can I ask him.

Di kaya ako ma-ban sa forum if I post the brand name? Anyway, sometimes I wonder if the printer brand is the real (100%) culprit when it comes to banding problem. Rolling Eyes Sir fotostuff is probably on a better position to answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sandman

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:55 am

Banding.......you mean posterization?

For offset printing, as of now I can only think of two possible causes that can lead to banding. Di ko lang alam kung applicable din ito pang large format.

The first one depends on how the gradients were created in Illustrator, Corel or Freehand. Meron itong number of steps na sine-set depending how long our gradient is. If the steps are set too low, we get banding.

Another is the amount of gray levels (GL) we set on our RIP. Once again if it's too low...we get the same effect.

Ifra recommends setting our GL to at least half our target imager resolution.

So, if our film was exposed at 2400 dpi...then GL value should at least be 1200. In theory we will only need 256 GL. But in reality, we will need a lot, lot more kasi we immediately lose GL as we run the press and lose more GL as the plate gets worn out.

My humble thoughts only.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkswillfly

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:10 am

GOR wrote:
sparkswillfly wrote:
GOR wrote:
fotostuff wrote:
sir,

I'm not sure if I remember the printer brand correctly but I can I ask him.

Di kaya ako ma-ban sa forum if I post the brand name? Anyway, sometimes I wonder if the printer brand is the real (100%) culprit when it comes to banding problem. Rolling Eyes Sir fotostuff is probably on a better position to answer.

sana magkaron ng reviews ng equipment/hardware para magka-idea ang mga bagong mag-a-acquire ng hardware. caveat emptor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyags

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:31 pm

Hello,

for equipments:

I think you need seaming machine. You need this for folding the sides and kailangan din ito para idugtong ang tarps kung maliit ang machine.

Kailangan mo rin ng gun tucker. you need this para maghold ng tarps when your seaming it.

Kailangan mo rin ng skilled people na marunong gumawa ng signage. Additional sales din yan Smile

Delivery truck para mag deliver ng signage Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOR

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:38 pm

sparkswillfly wrote:

sana magkaron ng reviews ng equipment/hardware para magka-idea ang mga bagong mag-a-acquire ng hardware. caveat emptor.

I am actually thinking the same thing but on a different equipment. But it would probably apply din sa iyo.

Who would you trust to make a fair review ng equipment? magazine write-ups, salespersons, techs, end-users? Each has a story to tell. Who will be fair and honest?

I have encountered some technicians and even heads of tech-departments who does not really know what they're doing.

No offense meant to good techs and other people out there. Peace po. As we all know, there are good apples and there's the .... scratch

On printheads -- have you checked how much a printhead cost nowadays?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fotostuff

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:35 am

Minsan lang namin naging problem ang banding.
Yun friend ko may largeformat machine din from DGI, na encounter nya madalas nun start up sila, pinalitan ng supplier ang makina nila.
Printhead ang critical sa largeformat, dapat maingat ang operator sa pag gamit, 25t ang 1 printhead. yun printer namin may 8heads, in more than 2years of operation, (everyday printing), nagpalit na ko ng 3heads. yun 5heads wala pa problema.
wala ako seaming machine, ayaw ko kasi tumanggap ng billboards, dapat malaki ang lugar mo para ilatag ang tarp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkswillfly

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:55 am

fotostuff wrote:
Minsan lang namin naging problem ang banding.
Yun friend ko may largeformat machine din from DGI, na encounter nya madalas nun start up sila, pinalitan ng supplier ang makina nila.
Printhead ang critical sa largeformat, dapat maingat ang operator sa pag gamit, 25t ang 1 printhead. yun printer namin may 8heads, in more than 2years of operation, (everyday printing), nagpalit na ko ng 3heads. yun 5heads wala pa problema.
wala ako seaming machine, ayaw ko kasi tumanggap ng billboards, dapat malaki ang lugar mo para ilatag ang tarp.

floro yan diba? sir, baka next week silipin ko set up mo sa fairview. inaantay ko lang dumating yun partner ko. ang seaming machine ba panahi yan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedmaster

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:38 am

sparkswillfly wrote:
my partners and i are very new with regards to the large format printing business. may mga katanungan ako with regards sa negosyong ito.

1) anong klaseng printer ang mas magandang unahing i-acquire? OUTDOOR ba or INDOOR large format printer? although target namin ay yun mga outdoor banners, photoflexes, panaflexes, automotive full body adhesives, indoor displays, and fabrications.

2) bukod sa printer at computers, ano pa ang aming kakailanganing equipment para makapagsimula sa negosyo?

3) anong brand ng large format printer ang maganda (considering budget and quality)? balak namin magumpisa sa printer with a width of at least 10-ft.

4) ballpark figure, mga magkano kaya ang kailangan namin i-allot for a startup capital?

all suggestions, comments, critiques will be highly regarded and appreciated.

wow! may nakapagtanong narin pala nito..

hope i'm not offtopic here..

nwyz i'm in the same dilemma.. we're planning to expand our printing business into the large format market, our target would mostly be those requiring posters, banners, signages etc.. not the billboard types yet..

the problem is i don't know any supplier or even what machines to buy?? all i know is that i need to have a large printe and the tarp..??

any more suggestions regarding the instruments? materials? suppliers? how bout the training needed? madali lang ba gumawa nung mga posters na yun? TIA! Smile

kamusta na po threadstarter? natuloy po ba kayo sa business nyo? any inputs/feedback sir?

good day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
presstech

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:56 am

You can get a lot of info at the Print Philippines Exhibition on September 17 and at the Print and Labels Exhibition on October 8. I suggest that you attend both events. Usually about half the exhibitors are on digital printing, including large format. Meron pang free seminars.

For more info log on to www.philprinting.com

By the way, san po kayo sa Bulacan. Taga San Miguel at San Ildefonso ang mga kamaganak ko. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedmaster

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:27 pm

presstech wrote:
You can get a lot of info at the Print Philippines Exhibition on September 17 and at the Print and Labels Exhibition on October 8. I suggest that you attend both events. Usually about half the exhibitors are on digital printing, including large format. Meron pang free seminars.

For more info log on to www.philprinting.com

By the way, san po kayo sa Bulacan. Taga San Miguel at San Ildefonso ang mga kamaganak ko. Very Happy

hi sir! thanks for the dates! will sure try to attend.. ngaun pa lang try ko na clear schedule namin ng wife ko para pati sya maklapunta.. kami po kasi namamahala sa family printing business namin ngaun.. our shop is located at Baliuag Bulacan.. Good day! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
signcrafter

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:13 pm

we have a mutoh ecosolvent printer & hindi problema ang banding. 1 year na and very fine parin ang print quality. kaso lang masyado mahal ang ink kc umaabot 13thous per liter compared to Flora's 1,800/liter lang. Kaya im planning to buy a 10.5ft Flora. anyone of you here who has the machine? ok ba ang Flora na brand?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.laderaartspot.com
jedmaster

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:11 pm

signcrafter wrote:
we have a mutoh ecosolvent printer & hindi problema ang banding. 1 year na and very fine parin ang print quality. kaso lang masyado mahal ang ink kc umaabot 13thous per liter compared to Flora's 1,800/liter lang. Kaya im planning to buy a 10.5ft Flora. anyone of you here who has the machine? ok ba ang Flora na brand?

any updates sir? The Flora brand looks interesting/economical..?

i hope someone here could tell something about the brand or even their experience with it..

Good day! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fotostuff

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:45 pm

yes ok ang flora. mag 3years na yun first machine ko na 6ft. yun 10.5ft naman 1year n. maganda tech support nila. i have a post dati here about my exp. pero di ko na matandaan kung anu topic.

roel, kau ba yun signcrafter yun tumawag sa akin? text me na lang kung papasyal ka this friday. tour kita dito sa printing.
regards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
signcrafter

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:40 pm

tnx fotostuff for being accomodating enough to show me your flora printer & having a demo with it. i just came from manila & i visited jojo's workshop. im satisfied with the quality, its almost near the print quality of mutoh. malayo deperensya sa mga chinese printer in the market na xaar ang printheads. mutoh solvent printer uses spectra heads too same as the flora 10.5 ft. my only concern is the aftersales service kc malayo lugar ko im in tacloban city, leyte. so far wala akong naging problema sa mutoh ko kc i havent encountered any problem with the printer for 1 year na. its so easy to operate & maintain, para lang desktop printer na maliit.

anyway nagcommit nako sa flora & they will deliver the printer in december or 1st week of january. tatapusin ko pa kc construction ng additional area for the printer sa shop namin kc medyo malaki ito.
Back to top Go down
presstech

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Congratulations to signcrafter, fotostuff and jedmaster!
They have shown that Filipino printers can work together and help each other.

cheers sunny flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedmaster

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:57 am

fotostuff wrote:
yes ok ang flora. mag 3years na yun first machine ko na 6ft. yun 10.5ft naman 1year n. maganda tech support nila. i have a post dati here about my exp. pero di ko na matandaan kung anu topic.

roel, kau ba yun signcrafter yun tumawag sa akin? text me na lang kung papasyal ka this friday. tour kita dito sa printing.
regards

sir good morning!

..would you mind if i ask for the contact number/s or even the office address of Flora? I'd love to drop by or contact them for some inquiries..

Thanks!

Good day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jedmaster

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:00 am

fotostuff wrote:
sir,

sir hi again! is this invite an open offer? Idea

good day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fotostuff

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:02 am

Eto # ni Dedion sa Flora.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fotostuff

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:03 am

anu phone mo para ibigay ko tatawagan k nya.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fotostuff

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:10 am

yes open naman basta text lang para available ako.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
signcrafter

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:18 am

im applying for a branch at robinsons tacloban sayang nga lang di ako nakapunta sa pwesto sa mall ni fotostuff. gusto ko sana magkaroon ng idea sa mabuting concept para sa mall.
Back to top Go down
cancer69

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:08 pm

mga sirs:

ok din ba ang large format printer ng imavision? wit-colors ang brand
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CIECAM

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Hello Guys.

On setting up a large format for indoor.
A manufacturer of LFP will be coming out of a something like mini Lab. Where you will be trained on how to print using Printer driver and the option of using a software RIP. The mini Lab will showcase an EIZO monitor and viewing booth and other instruments like spectrophotometer so you can see how color management work. An overview seminar in Color management will be conducted for printer buyers.
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehmsodef

PostSubject: 10.5 feet Xaar 382 head and 6 feet Epson DX5 head   Wed May 15, 2013 10:57 am

Hello! We have both printers for indoor and outdoor ( solvent and eco-solvent ). If you are interested you may call or text me at (02) 6238665 / 09178582100 / 09466723989. Machine are packed with initial consumable, i3 desktop computer, 48 inches cutter plotter. FREE delivery around Metro Manila! Please contact me for specification. Thanks! You can also e-mail me at fengrecomagicphoto@gmail.com for quotation request.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fengreco.com
Epson_28

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   Tue May 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Hello, we cater EPSON Large Format Printer INDOOR/OUTDOOR. We are one of the biggest distributor of EPSON Printer here in the Philippines. We also have a color management software and tools used for measuring all the necessary requirements to get a good quality printed output. We also give free seminar for all individuals who are newly in this kind of this industry. If you have some questions or inquiries do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at 740-5751 to 56 loc. 126 or 09212662166 and look for Mr. Armando Toledo.

We are a solution provider for all of your problems specially in color. We have a good team and well trained technical support.
We are waiting for your call to give satisfaction for all of your concern. Thank you and have a good day ahead to everyone!

ARMANDO TOLEDO JR.
Sr. Sales Specialist
Printing Consultant
Technical and Sales Department
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: on setting up a large format printing business...   

Back to top Go down

on setting up a large format printing business...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1